Saturday, May 1, 2010

Interpol After Darling Brody

Interpol After Darling Brody


Today a Lawyer contacted me to inform me that I must remove the thieves list to avoid being prosecuted.

This lawyer from Brazil who contacted me using his very official SecondLife avatar said that I have allegedly violated the privacy of avatars whose names I have listed.

According to Mr Brazilian Lawyer's complaint, I have linked my page to their SL profiles which he claims is a violation of their avatar privacy, under the privacy laws. Apparently I have also defamed these avatars by publicly stating they have obtained my products without paying for them, even though they really did obtain my products without paying for them.

If I do not immediately remove my thieves list, the following action will be taken against me:

  1. Interpol is going to be contacting Linden Labs to obtain my RL details.
  2. Linden Labs are going to hand over my real life details because they know I am bad.
  3. Interpol will then charge me with defamation of people's avatars.
  4. The avatars will also prosecute me for defamation of their good name.
  5. I will be required to pay 500,000 euros to each of the 23 avatars, as is the law.
  6. Linden Labs are also going to be sued for having the public avatar profiles listed publicly.

If this all sounds as silly to you as it did to me, keep in mind this guy told me he was serious and that I am in big trouble. So it must be serious!

Among the other "serious" matters this Brazilian Lawyer brought to my attention, I am required by LAW to speak to him on Skype. He said this is because he must make sure I am not a kid before he goes ahead and sues me. If I do not speak to him on Skype he will have to contact my parents.

I did try to explain that an avatar is not a legal entity and can't legally suffer damages to it's reputation. I also explained that truth is a defense to any defamation accusation. I pointed out the thieves list gives the time, date, location, and asset ID of the stolen item. To which I got this show stopper of a reply...

[11:21] AhmadAlDabili OHare: I'm a loyer, and i know what i'm talking about.

So you see, I am in big trouble now!

http://www.quantumproducts.org/stolen.html



I would like to say this post is a joke, but the sad thing is that this guy really did say all this stuff, and seriously thought he was convincing me

7 comments:

  1. I am prepared to chip in for your legal defense Ms Brody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The truly funny part about the conversation is that the other person thought he was successful in convincing me that he was a lawyer abotu to sue me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear. In the unlikely event that the person is actually a lawyer, he doesn't seem to be a very good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously... this is a serious issue that seriously needs some serious attention or you will seriously be in some serious trouble young missy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh noez its too serious, this might be so serious that the seriousness of seriously letting out public information could lead to some serious personal damage :O

    we should serously figure out what to do D:

    lmfao xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think there's a misunderstanding - it was just a typo, he actually meant "I'm a liar".

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are all too serious!

    Let's all go for some beer and ice cream, my treat!

    -Convey

    ReplyDelete