Thursday, March 18, 2010

Scammers feel the pain

Scammers feel the pain as they hunt me down and try to torment me, while I work to remove stolen content.

Today while I was searching for yet more stolen copies of QHUD hidden in freebie boxs at GamersBrand (the place that exists only to furnish griefers with stolen stuff) I met someone who looked very familar. 

Sure, she was having a bad hair day, but I must say I really liked her IoW dragon tattoo, and matching jeans.

Of course this was one of the scammers who regularly pick up stolen copies of QHUD to sell on the black market.  Clearly he/she recongnised me as I was busy inspecting boxes.

I'm guessing the copybotting of my avatar was either a lame attempt to distract me from locating and removing all the stolen QHUD's, or it was just some pathetic attempt at upsetting me. 

Either way I filed an abuse report which I now have on a keyboard macro, and continued to inspect the boxes.  The griefer picked up a few boxes and went off to scam unsespecting people using my avatar's appearance to sell stolen QHUDs.

I guess I am doing somthing right if the thieves feel the need to torment me =)

2 comments:

  1. How blatant - I guess their will be a lot more DB lookilikies going round. I will be sure to let you know if I see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do u even clone an avi? Oo

    ReplyDelete