Sunday, April 10, 2011

Going where no griefer has gone before...

I met William Shatner last night in Melbourne! I spent the night listening to him talk about his exceptional life. I even scored myself a copy of his new book "Up until Now" which I am already enjoying.

William wasn't anything like those stories you hear about Hollywood actors. He is a warm, friendly, approachable, father figure who seemed to enjoy poking fun at himself.

William didn't just talk about his rolls in things like StarTrek and Boston Legal, he shared everything from personal tragedies to delightful stories about taking his children skying.

Listening to him I found myself wanting to go up and hug the man, then I remembered the Denny Crane character and I backed away slowly :)

I enjoyed the night immensely and would highly recommend spending a night with William Shatner if you ever have the opportunity. He changed my life. Like William, I will now be saying YES before I answer the phone too.



Thank you for coming to my city so I could meet you.
Love to you Mr Shatner xQx




PS. The only disappointing thing about the whole night is that not one single person turned up dressed in a StarTrek costume. Nerds of Melbourne, shame on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment