Tuesday, February 1, 2011

QHUD Scripts are Trojan

People are passing around a RAR file that claims to be stolen QHUD scripts.

The file is really the win32:vbmod Trojan, a type of virus.

While I would like to encourage scammers to download lots of Trojans, I feel it is my responsibility to warn everyone that they are Trojans.

QHUD has always been protected from having it's scripts stolen because the scripts have been removed from the asset server database. Not even I can re-open them.


Darling xQx

ps. Just watch how many griefers start posting links to QHUD scripts in the comments of this blog post.  Do not be tempted to follow the links!

3 comments:

  1. So your script got special treatment after you talked with your Linden buddies, by getting your scripts specially protected?

    Mind you, I'm a neutral party in this, I don't own a QHUD, nor do I particularly have any interest in the sort of things it does. However, I am a scripter myself, and I'm just curious as to why something like your HUD gets protection from script thievery, in contrast to the absurd amount of scripts in other commercial products in SL.

    The only difference I see right here is that you're much more known by the Lindens due to the aggressive way you combat theft, obviously landing you in conversations over abuse reports filed on you. Why can't my products be protected though? I sell things too, but the only difference I see between our products are that yours earn much more money than mine do.

    By the way, this isn't an offensive post in any way, I'm just curious as to why can't smaller creators get the same protection if it's possible for a bigshot like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want the protection too, lobby for it.

    https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6149

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well first post is actually well aksed. After shitload of exploits were released in wild, you drop the bomb that somehow you protect your scripts from storing them on asset server? Of course, anyone who is actually on the subject would suspect that its some LGG's plugins, but considering that 99% of people worked on any viewer so far are known for evil doings in the past, i dont trust any viewer anymore. JIRA suggestion is pretty good tho...

    ReplyDelete